AMD introduced the long-awaited Radeon RX 600M series of graphics cards with RDNA 2 architecture.
These series include three chips: RX 6800M, RX 6700M and RX 6600M. AMD says the flagship 6800M model has the most powerful graphics card you can find in a laptop surpassing Nvidia’s RTX 3080 mobile version.
AMD says the RX 6700M offers 100 fps for popular games in 1440p resolution. 6600M is better than competitors in 1080p gaming.
However it is expected that in the coming days we will see independent tests which show the performance of these graphics chips compared to the competition.
The 6000M series goes on sale from June 1st.
AMD also introduced the AMD Advantage, an initiative that will encourage computer manufacturers to offer advanced functionality in their AMD systems.
It’s something like Intel Evo software. An AMD Advantage laptop will offer:
- Ryzen 5000 Mobile processors, Radeon 6000 graphics
- Smart Access Memory Technology and Smart Shift Technology
- Screen that reaches 300 nits brightness, 144Hz frequency and AMD FreeSync
- At least one NVMe SSD PCIE Express Gen 3
- Maintain surface temperature below 40 degrees Celsius
- Over 10 hours battery life watching videos
The first AMD Advantage laptop will be the Asus ROG Strix G15 that can be configured with the Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M and 15-inch WQHD 165Hz display with 3ms latency. / PCWorld Albanian